My girls keep opening packets of baby biscuits very randomly and often happens that there are too many packets open and all the biscuits go hard. So today I decided to use all of them and make some yummy cake that girls would like to eat as their afternoon snack.
Base of cake
- Round whole-wheat baby biscuits (or other sweet biscuits) – 200g – break/mash them in small pieces
- Oats – 200g
- Butter – 200g
- Coco powder – 2 table spoons
- Powder Sugar – 2 table spoons
Mix well all together and put it in a baking tray and make it flat with your fingers or some spatula (I like to use a silicon spatula). Bake it for about 20 minutes at 180°C.
In between prepare pudding and apple mixture:
- 6 medium size apples
- Pudding powder – 1 packet of plain or vanilla
- Milk – 500ml
- Cane sugar – 2 table spoons
- Cinnamon – 2 teaspoons
Make pudding from pudding powder, milk and cane sugar according to pudding packet instructions. Then add cinnamon and grated apples.
Pour the apple-pudding mixture on the base of the cake. Bake for 20 minutes at 180°C till the top is slightly brown.
- Dark/cooking chocolate – 50g
- Butter – 50g
Melt butter and chocolate in a hot water bath and pour the chocolate topping over the cake. Let the cake cool down, best in fridge.
And enjoy 🙂